B.S. Physics, 1971, Georgia Institute of Technology
Ph.D. Physics, 1982, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Andrew T. Hunt, Joe K. Cochran, and William Brent Carter, "Combustion Chemical Vapor Deposition of Films and Coatings," U.S. patent number 5,652,021, issued July 29, 1997.
- D.W. Stollberg, J.M. Hampikian, L. Riester and W.B. Carter, "Nanoindentation Measurements of Combustion CVD Al2O3 and YSZ Films," J. Mater. Sci. Eng. A359, (2003) 112-118.
- Gole, J. L., B. D. Shinall, A. V. Iretskii, Mark G. White, W. B. Carter, and Ann S. Erickson, "Tunable Surface Oxidation States in Si/SiO2 Nanostructures Prepared from Silicon/Silica Mixtures", ChemPhysChem, Vol. 4, Issue 9, (2003), 1016-1021.
- D. W. Stollberg, W. B. Carter and J. M. Hampikian, “Nanohardness and Fracture Toughness of Combustion Chemical Vapor Deposition Deposited Yttria Stabilize Zirconia-Alumina Films,” Thin Solid Films, 483 (2005) 211-217.
- V. Siva Kumar G. Kelekanjeri, W.B. Carter and J.M. Hampikian, “Deposition of a - alumina via combustion chemical vapor deposition,” Thin Solid Films, 515 (2006), 1905-1911.